Dusshera Celebration In Mysore

 


                                        Dusshera Celebration In Mysore


  

                Dusshera is an important festival in India. It is celebrated with great pomp and show in all parts of India. It is a 10 day long festival. It is a time when people worship goddess Lakshmi in various forms. Cities and towns are decorated and people use this time to visit temples and relatives. Mysore in Karnataka and Kolkata in West Bengal are examples how grand the Dusshera celebrations can be.

This Dusshera, I went to Mysore with my parents to visit my maternal grandmother and my uncle. I am planning to spend 3 days in Mysore. On day 1, I visited the Mysore palace in the evening, which is illuminated in the evenings during Dusshera. It is a grand spectacle which cannot be missed. All roads that lead to the palace are lit up spectacularly. Historical events and people that shaped Mysore’s growth are showcased in and around the palace. This year the Dusshera celebrations are being held in a low key manner due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There are policemen all around who are ensuing the crowds do not gather and social distancing norms are follows. This is for the safety of the citizens. The Tongas (horse carriages) are decorated and I had the opportunity to travel in one. It was amazing to see the horse pull the carriage in the city traffic and obey the traffic rules. I will also be visiting other relatives in Mysore. We will be exchanging gifts and take part in puja celebrations held in their houses. Food is an important part of the festivities. A variety of sweets will be prepared in this festive season. My mother and grandmother will be preparing these sweets.

I will be returning back to Bangalore after spending 3 days in Mysore. I will cherish and remember this trip for many months to come.
Thank you all for reading my blog. Happy blogging..

Author : VEDANT S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus

Grade 5 - What If I Discovered A New Planet??