GARDENING- THE OUTDOOR ACTIVITY I LIKE TO DO

he Outdoor Activity I like to do is Gardening. My garden is the favorite part of my house. I can spend hours in my garden without getting bored. It makes me come alive and I just love that feeling. There are more than 20 plants that need me to look after. Every morning and late afternoon, I need to water all of them carefully, especially in the hot summer. All flowers, trees and shrubs need lots of water to survive.

Apart from irrigation work, I need to lightly prune the rose every one or two months after the flowering season in order to help the rose to generate new shoots. And another regular garden maintenance work is mowing the lawn during the rainy season as they grow very crazily. I feel that I can come up with not one but ten reasons as to why I love gardening. Firstly, obviously there are lot of physical work going into maintaining a garden. I am constantly moving my body up, down, back, forth. Besides, it's a way to commune with nature. A garden also benefits the oxygen circulation in the house. Gardens can be used to practice rainwater harvesting by installing tanks to collect rainwater, which would further be used in watering plants. Gardening is good for our mental health. It is a great exercise for both the body and the mind.

Gardening builds strength, promotes sleep and helps to maintain a healthy weight. It is a mood booster. It calms us after stressful events. It is an effective tool if we are recovering from addiction.Growing our own food can help us eat healthier. So, I like to do Gardening because it makes me happy and builds self-esteem.


By Abhay Prabhu
Grade 5C
Orchids The International School Vivekananda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus

Grade 5 - What If I Discovered A New Planet??