The Ghost House....

 How would you feel if you saw a deserted house while going ? You would feel very scared and decide not to go in that way again right? But some people who are brave will want to visit the house. I had a very thrilling experience of this with my friends and I will tell you about it..


It was the starting of our summer holidays. Me and my friends were in the playground, sitting on a large pipe. While we were talking, we spotted our friends Emma. She was feeling a bit scared. When we asked what happened, she told that while she was coming from her music classes, she took a new way and came to halt in front of a very deserted house. When she was about to leave, she saw something move on the first floor. At this, we all felt very excited. We all thought to snoop around the house and find out something. Do you want to know more??

So, in the evening we all met at the playground and set off to the house. When we went there, we saw that it was almost in pieces but somehow looked very nice. We went to the hall which was filled with dust and soot. We completely checked the hall and were about to climb the steps when we heard a cold high laughter. We all stood still for a moment. When we turned back to see what it was, we all could not believe it!!. In front of us stood a large ghost like figure full in white laughing!. We all ran as fast as we could but could not run faster than the ghost. Then suddenly, my friends Mia stepped her leg on a loose floor board. She got stuck. We all tried to pull her out. At last somehow, she came up. Then again, we heard the high cold laughter from the ghost. This time it was showing it's tooth less mouth. We all felt very scared and started to run up the stairs to the first floor. But somehow, I lost my balance and fell down the stairs. Emma, who saw me falling came to my help. She took me to a bedroom to take rest. She told me something very strange about the ghost. She said that while she was helping me she saw the ghost run up the stairs to chase the others. She said that the ghost had legs!!. No ghost can have legs. After that, I became very brave. I tore up the stairs and went just in time when the ghost was about to hold my friends and pulled the ghost's white cloth. After I pulled the cloth, there stood a man with long sticks and a recorder. Then Suma told that this person was a thief and there was a poster of him in our city. So, we all called the police. The officer was very happy and thanked us for our help. When we were about to leave, I took a last glance at the house and saw light in the first floor room. Then, I saw a man who was smiling. I told my friends to look. But, when they did, there was no one.

Sometimes, even now, I wonder who the man would be in that room. Then I thought that he also must be a ghost. But, this idea makes me feel scared especially at night times!....
By 
Poorvi M
Grade 8C
Orchids International School Vivekananda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus

Grade 5 - What If I Discovered A New Planet??