My Talent

Everyone in this world has a hidden talent. Some people find it instantaneously. Some others take quite a long time to find out what they are good at. But the time taken is totally worth it. People can be talented in many different fields like sports, art, studies, etc.

The discovery of my talent can be considered to be just a coincidence. I thought I was good at singing and drawing but how much ever I tried I was not able to excel in them. I had temporarily stopped searching for my talent. But, one day our school had organized a ‘SHOW YOUR TALENT’ competition.

Now I really had to find out what my talent was. There were many things to try out. There was a cooking without fire competition. I tried making oats banana ladoo. But it did not turn out as expected. Then what could be my talent?

Now I was in a dilemma of whether to participate in the competition or not. I decided to participate in the last competition of ‘SHOW YOUR TALENT’. Can you guess what it was? It was a creative writing competition. We had to write an imaginary story. After I tried out so many other activities, I thought trying out one more activity would not hurt. I gave it a go. To my utter surprise, I was able to write a very nice story. I got a certificate and a medal for the story I wrote. That was when I realized that my talent was creative writing.

When I grow up, I want to write short stories for children. By doing so I want to encourage reading of story books by small children. I will write interesting stories which will free kids from boredom.


By

Karuna

Grade 6D

OISV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus

Grade 5 - What If I Discovered A New Planet??