Reading books and watching movies

Some people prefer to watch the movie first. Others prefer to read the book first. Consequently, I see value and differences in both. But regardless of one’s preference, reading and watching movies are pretty different things.
So how is reading books different from watching movies and how can we take advantage of the benefits of both? Reading books can give you many more details than watching a movie and also helps the brain function among other things. Watching movies is great for social life and a great form of entertainment among other things. Both are great for stress relief, growth in knowledge and vocabulary and are great hobbies. Read on to find out how each or both can be beneficial as well as fun for you!
Reading a book puts ideas, pictures, people in your head that you have no context except for the description of the book. By the end of a really good book, you have such a clear picture of what the characters looked like, what their movements looked like, what they were feeling at various points, and so much more.
Watching a movie gives you the images and you fill in with the plot lines. There isn’t a lot of imagination, but there can be tons of inspiration.
I love reading a book, having a picture in my head of how that book would play out if I were observing it, and then watching a movie and seeing how similar or different my picture was. Most of the time it is so incredibly different than what the movie portrays.
On the flip side, watching a movie first, then reading the book opens a whole new world that the movie barely scratched the surface of. It’s like going on an extended adventure after you thought you had already experienced so much.

Honestly, I’m not sure I know which way I like better. I think I just like both for the rich experience that they both give.


TRISHA

GRADE 7

ORCHIDS THE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, VIVEKANANDA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus

Grade 5 - What If I Discovered A New Planet??