Indoor activities, my favorite one

 " Happiness is a state of activity" said Aristotle. First of all I need to ask you a question, do you like indoor activities or outdoor activities? There are many types of games to play. today let's start explore a new topic- indoor activities. As many of us will be playing this on lock down. The indoor activities going to be explored today are - carom, chess, ludo, snake and ladders and many more.

Basically indoor games are games played at home. The advantages of playing indoor games are we can sharpen our brains, our concentration level increases . Here I am going to tell you some outdoor games too they are - football, rugby, baseball, basketball, cricket and volleyball . Phew! There are many. Outdoor games give us physical strength, happiness and social networking. But I prefer indoor activities than outdoor activities. I like it because even two members can play this.

I like chess because usually I play it with my father. Another reason is the squares in the board. It has a story behind it. And the narrator, my father gave me a task. Wait for it. Once upon a time a man made chess and first he presented it to the king of 16th century A.D. The king liked the game. King ordered to ask for any reward. The man asked for grains equal to the number of squares in chessboard. He also added, that the grain place in second square must be double to the previous one. Tricky right ,okay let's make it easier with this example . 1st square 1 grain 2nd one 2 grains here comes the twist 3rd one should be 4 grains so on till the 64th one. So on till the 64th one. Do you know the number the no is 9,089,711,275,976,753,192. That is 9 Quintillion , 89 quadrillion, 711 trillion, 275 billion, 976 million, 753 thousands . At last I got it! To win in a chess game and to calculate the number it requires a lot of intelligence and observation.

Most of the children might be lazy but if they start playing some outdoor or indoor activities they will surely be active. Now let me tell you about the activity it was the number calculation. And strongly recommend you should try it . " We don't learn for the benefit of any one, we learn to unlearn ignorance" said Michael Bassey Johnson.

By  Navaneeth Krishna
Grade 5D
Orchids The International School Vivekananda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus

Grade 5 - What If I Discovered A New Planet??